Dr. Stefanie Hartwig
Born in Göttingen in 1974, Dr. Stefanie Hartwig studied law in Kiel and Liège from 1994 to 1998 and completed her postgraduate studies in business law in Hamburg. Thereafter, she worked as a trainee lawyer in Hamburg and New York and as a research associate at the University of Hamburg. She completed her doctorate in 2002. Ms. Hartwig has been working as a lawyer since 2003, initially in a major international law firm and since 2005 at ZENK. Since 2007, she has also been a specialist in intellectual property law.
Ms. Hartwig’s clients consists primarily of companies in the consumer goods sector, whom she advises on product law issues and industrial property matters – in particular those relating to competition and trademark law. She also offers companies comprehensive advice on crisis management, compliance, liability and issues of recourse.
For many years running, Ms. Hartwig has been listed as one of Germany’s leading lawyers in the food law field. She is a member of the legal committee of the German Federation for Food Law and Food Science (BLL) and of the pharmaceutical and food law committee of GRUR, the German Registered Association for the Protection of Industrial Property Rights and Copyright.
She is also a member of the board of directors and the scientific advisory board of the Food Law Research Centre at the University of Marburg and a lecturer on food law at the University of Lübeck, where her course was rated by the student body as the best course in the 2018 summer semester. She is also a lecturer for the Bucerius Postgraduate Program in IP Law at the Bucerius Law School in Hamburg.
Ms. Hartwig is editor and co-author of several books, including Werbung für Lebensmittel [Advertising for Food ] and Praxishandbuch Lebensmittelkennzeichnung [A Practical Guide to Food Labelling].
Food law, cosmetics law, consumer goods law, industrial property law, competition law, trademark law, advertising strategies, crisis management & communication, compliance & delegation, liability & recourse
- Behr’s „Seminar – Lebensmittelrecht kompakt“
| Hamburg | 10.-11. Dezember.2019
Deutsches Tiefkühlinstitut e.V.
| Köln | 5. Dezember .2019
- „11. Marburger Workshop zum Lebensmittelrecht“
Forschungsstelle für Lebensmittelrecht Philipps-Universität Marburg
| Marburg | 27.-28. November 2019
- Behr’s „18. Praxisforum – Lebensmittelkennzeichnung“
| Köln | 19.-20. November 2019
- Zum Verwechseln ähnlich: Die rechtliche Bewertung von “Me-too”-Produkten ist in Bewegung geraten
- Erstes Urteil zur Nährwert-Deklaration
- Werbung mit regionalen Hinweisen
- Information über Allergien und Unverträglichkeiten auslösende Stoffe im Sinne des Art. 9 Abs. 1 lit. c) LMIV bei loser Ware
- Werbung für Lebensmittel
- All published articles with source citations
- Legal committee of the BLL
- Member of the board of directors and the scientific advisory board of the Food Law Research Centre of the University of Marburg
- Member of the GRUR committee of experts on pharmaceutical and food law
- Head of the food law working group of foodactive e.V. network
- Visiting lecturer in food law at the University of Lübeck