Born in Hamburg in 1975, Imke Memmler studied law in Hamburg and completed her legal clerkship at the Higher Regional Court of Hamburg and in Speyer. She has been a lawyer since 2002, beginning her career at a major international law firm.
Ms. Memmler joined ZENK in 2007.
Imke Memmler’s practice focuses on food and consumer goods law, advising and assisting well-known food and packaging manufacturers and sellers. She also advises her clients on trademark and competition law and has overseen the progression of many important cases to the German Federal Patent Court and the German Federal Supreme Court. Ms. Memmler is also active in the field tobacco law, where her clients include several major tobacco manufacturers in addition to tobacco wholesalers and retailers.
She is the author of various professional articles and co-author of the book Werbung für Lebensmittel [Advertising for Food]. She regularly gives lectures on food law and consumer goods law.
She is responsible for intensive networking in food and trademark law with foreign law firms in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Die Schlinge zieht sich weiter zu – Aktuelle Entwicklungen zu nährwert- und gesundheitsbezogenen Angaben
- Werbung für Lebensmittel (The noose continues to tighten: Current developments in the field of nutrition and health claims)
- Anzeigepflicht bei jeder Rezepturveränderung? (A duty to report every recipe change?)
- Das Verbraucherinformationsgesetz in der Praxis – Handhabung, Auslegung, Streitfragen (The German Consumer Information Act in practice: Handling, interpretation, disputes)
- Article on declarations of conformity in accordance with the new consumer goods law (German-language)
- Zusatzstoff oder Verarbeitungshilfsstoff? (Additive or processing aid?)
- All published articles with source citations